- Purchasing Options
- About Free Trial Mode
- More Licensing Information
Click to watch the video
Click to watch the video
There are three ways to purchase a license:
- In-App purchase through the Google Play Store on the Android device
- Purchase licenses through our Web Store (on any computer or device with internet access)
- By invoice for volume purchases of 25 or more licenses
Purchase Option 1: In-App purchase and license activation through the Google Play Store
To purchase and activate a license for a device in the App,
- If you haven’t done so already, download the Video Kiosk app from the Google Play Store on the device.
- Open Video Kiosk.
- To purchase and activate a license for a device, click the Purchase button on the License Activity screen and follow the In-App purchase steps. The purchase is handled through the Google Play Store. The license will automatically be activated when the In-App purchase completes.
Google Play Store Payment Support
Google rejects some payments as potential fraud that are not fraudulent. If your payment is rejected by the play store, please contact the Google Play support group so they can fix the problem and process your payment. Click here to contact Google
Purchase Option 2: Purchase through our Web Store
Purchasing and licensing through our Web Store is an easy 4-step process:
- Download the Video Kiosk app on to the device.
- Decide which license management option you will be using.
- Purchase Licenses through our Web Store.
- Activate the Licenses.
Step 1: Download Video Kiosk
Download the Video Kiosk app on to the device.
You can do this:
- Through the Google Play Store on the Android Device, or
- Sideload it by downloading the .apk from:
Step 2: Decide on a Volume purchase License Management Option
You can manage your licenses using either of these two options:
- Email ID. Add an account (Email ID) to each of your Android devices or
- License File. Place the license file that we send to you on your Android devices
Regardless of which option you choose, you can add more licenses to your account by purchasing more from our site.
Email ID License Management Option
Before deciding to use the Email ID License Management Option, here are some things to consider:
- When you use the Email ID License Management Option, you need to add an Account with that Email address to each Android device.
- Before you decide to use the Email ID License Management Option, make sure you can add the account you plan to use to the device before purchasing licenses for the account. You can add an account to an Android device in a number of ways. (See Android Basics) The easiest way to add them is to:
- Install and open Video Kiosk,
- Grant the requested permissions,
- Add the requested account.
- Some Android do not support adding accounts, and which case, the Add Account button from the Video Kiosk license activity screen will be hidden. If this is the case with your devices, use the License File License Management Option. (To get the app, sideload Video Kiosk from our site.)
License File License Management Option
Before deciding to use the License File License Management Option, here are some things to consider:
- When you use the License File License Management Option, you need to copy the License File to each Android device.
Step 3: Purchase Licenses through our Web Store
Before purchasing, determine which license management option you will be using.
To purchase volume licenses, do the following:
- Go to our Volume Purchase Store.
You can do this on any device (the Android device, your computer)
To get there, click the Volume Licensing button Volume Licensing found in the left sidebar of every Video Kiosk Page.
- Enter your license management method.
- If you are using the Email ID License Management Option,
- choose “Email Account” from the “License By” pop-up menu and
- enter the Email ID your are using into the “Account” field.
- If you are using the License File License Management Option,
- choose “License File” from the “License By” pop-up menu and
- leave the “Account” field blank.
- Click the “Buy Now” button to pay using a major credit card or your Paypal account.
- On the Purchase Screen, enter the number of licenses you’re buying and click the “Continue” button to proceed to the Check Out.
- Once you have checked out, you will receive an email with the steps to activate the licenses with the License File attached, if applicable, and the licenses will be added to your account so you can activate them.
Step 4: Activate Volume Licenses
You can buy the Licenses from our Web Store on any device (the Android device, your computer) but you must Activate the License on the device you are going to use it on.
To activate a licenses, do the following:
- If you’re using the License File License Management Option, copy the license file onto the device at the path /sdcard/videokiosk.license so that Video Kiosk can automatically find it.
If you’re using the Email ID License Management Option, add the email account to the device.
- If you haven’t already done so, install Video Kiosk from the Play Store (or side load the .apk file).
- Ensure that the Android device has Internet access.
- Open Video Kiosk. Grant any permissions requested.
- (Optional) If you want the license to automatically expire after a preset number of days have elapsed, fill in the number of days in the “Active Days”.
- Click the “Activate” button on the “License Activity” screen.
Note: License Activation is done using the License Activity screen on your device. Due to your device’s screen resolution and orientation, it may be that the entire License Activity screen is not visible. If this happens, use touch and swipe up / down to scroll the screen contents.
Purchase Option 3: Volume Purchase by Invoice
To purchase more than 25 licenses and receive a volume discount, contact us directly.
- Decide which license management option you will be using. To Decide on a Volume purchase License Management Option, follow the instructions in Purchase Option 2, above.
- Purchase Licenses following the directions below.
- Activate Licenses. To Activate Licenses, follow the instructions in Purchase Option 2, above.
To purchase more than 25 licenses and receive a volume discount, do the following:
- Send an email to email@example.com that contains the following information:
- The number of licenses required
- If you plan to use an account on the device to manage licenses, provide the account (Google, Facebook, Email, etc.) that will be used to activate the licenses,
- If you do not plan to use an account on the device to manage licenses, indicate that you require a license file (used to activate the licenses)
- The email address that should receive the invoice
- An invoice will be sent from paypal.com to the email address you provide. You can pay the invoice using any major credit card
- Once the invoice is paid, you will be sent an email with the steps to activate the licenses with the License File attached, if applicable, and the licenses will be added to the license server so you can activate them.
About Free Trial Mode
When you download Video Kiosk, it is in trial mode. All features are fully functional, but your video will be watermarked. To remove this, purchase a license.
More Licensing Information
License is per Device
Video Kiosk is licensed on a per device basis, meaning a license must be purchased and activated for each device on which Video Kiosk is used.
Internet Access required for License Activation
Internet Access as well as the License File or Email account (Google, Facebook, Email, etc.) you used to purchase Video Kiosk (through the Google Play Store or through our website) are only required to activate (and deactivate) licenses. Once a license is active, you may remove the Email account, the videokiosk.license file and internet access from the device.
Managing Volume Licenses
Licenses purchased under the volume purchase plan are floating, allowing you to move them from device to device. When a license expires or is deactivated, the license returns to the pool of available licenses and may be used to license Video Kiosk on another device. (Video Kiosk returns to Free Trial mode on the deactivated device.)
License Deactivation is done using the Video Kiosk Settings. To deactivate the license on a device, go to the Settings > License and Choose “Deactivate”.
Once the license is deactivated, you can use it on a different device.
Using uncertified devices
In 2019, Google began blocking uncertified devices (like developer boards) from access play services unless the device Google Services Android ID (GSAID) is registered with Google. To facilitate the registration of uncertified boards, Video Kiosk displays the GSAID on a button that will take you directly to the registration page. For more information, refer to Appendix D – Registering uncertified devices of the Video Kiosk Android Users Manual.