Turn your Android device into an easy to use, reliable, robust, secure Android video kiosk to loop video, images, and web pages in minutes. Easy to use, you’ll have your TV | tablet | phone playing videos, images, and web pages and running unattended, reliably and robustly with minimal set up.
Video Kiosk – Android comes with optional advanced features, such as Cloud update to update content easily and remotely, as well as playback loop control and playback scheduling, overlays and backgrounds, access management, and flexible screen displays – full screen, split screen or interactive kiosk.
Video Kiosk Android is Easy to Use
- Easy to use. With simple Installation, you’ll have your video kiosk up and running in minutes, playing your content in a loop, unattended. The only thing you need to do is turn the screen on – Video Kiosk takes care of the rest.
- Easy to Update. Automatically and remotely update your content from the cloud
- Easy to play everything. Plays video | images | web pages in a loop
- Easy to try. Comes with free trial download.
Video Kiosk Android features flexible display options
- Flexible display modes
- Use the Full screen display when you want to play video in a loop or to display digital signage.
- For Digital Signage, use the Split Screen display and loop video or display digital signage in the main screen, with widgets on the side and bottom.
- In addition, you can easily create an Interactive Touchscreen Kiosk on a tablet or phone, with a touchscreen overlays. Activate using touchscreen or keyboard. Click through to URL (local file or content on the internet) or an App on the device.
- Flexible Playback Control.
- Control Playback Order. Video Kiosk will play the contents of the Media Folder in alphabetical order. You can change this and control the playback order using a playlist, a pickone folder, the filename + path order or random order
- Schedule Playback. Create a schedule using Android Calendar, a Google Calendar or an XML file
- Control Playback using the Device Location or Motion Detection
- Flexible Display features.
- Change the screen to split screen mode and display multiple widgets and URLs to below and beside the screen
- Display graphics in front of the media (like your logo)
- Display background images behind the media or play background audio
- Customize timers to control display time and fade time between media
- Customize the screen orientation – vertical or horizontal
- Option to display clock when no content scheduled
- Flexible Device Control features.
- Control the TV with HDMI-CEC commands
- Scroll to next media file using keyboard, remote control, swipe gestures, gamepad
Video Kiosk Android delivers robust playback
- Secure. Video Kiosk has security options for controlling access to the Kiosk software as well as for controlling access to the device
- Password protection
- Restrict access to device controls, especially for interactive devices
- Lock down Kiosk on rooted devices
- Reliable. Video Kiosk has built-in logic specifically to recover from common sources of playback interruption.
- Starts playing content loop when device is restarted or awakened from sleep
- Dims screen on battery-powered devices when battery power is low
- Identifies unplayable media and skips it
- Identifies when playback errors are occurring (for example, hardware, file or network issues) and automatically restarts the kiosk
- Interactive kiosk returns to content loop when tablet not in use
- No down time required when updating. Video Kiosk updates on the fly so when you update the media, the new files will play the next time the content loop starts.
Video Kiosk Android is Easy to Manage with remote update
- Cloud Update. Update your media and your configuration using a cloud service, allowing you remotely update many devices simultaneously.
- Remote Management. Remote device status reporting
- Free trial download. Try all the features and then make an In-App purchase to activate the App on your device
Video Kiosk comes with a Free Trial download so you can try all the features before purchase. In the free trial version, the video display is overlaid with a watermark. When you purchase a license for your production device, the watermark is removed on that device.
Video Kiosk is licensed on a per device basis. If you need to install the App on a large number of devices, volume licensing is available.
System Requirements: Android 4.x or later
Some advanced features, such as HDMI-CEC, require Android v5+ or Android v6+. For further information, refer to the user’s manual.
Compatibility: Android phone, Android tablet, Android TV, Android TV Box
Video Kiosk has been tested and deployed on a variety of devices as well as on most versions of the Android OS.
- TV Box | TV Stick (i.e. tested with amlogic, rockchip, allwinner, nVidia). Widely available, go to amazon.com and search for ‘Android TV Box’
- Tablets (i.e. tested with Samsung, rooted Kindle Fire, Acer, generic sub $100 tablet, and more)
- Phones (i.e. tested with Android v5+ phones)
Notes about Android TV Boxes:
- In general, the new Android v7+ TV boxes will work better than the older Android TV boxes. When you are purchasing new Android TV Boxes | TV stick, we recommend you use Android v7+ in order to get the best reliability.
- When using amlogic based devices, you may need to enable textured video view to eliminate a short black flash that can occur between videos on the amlogic chipset – we recommend rockchip, allwinner or nVidia based boxes.
Flexible Screen Displays – full screen for video loop player when you want a video loop player or you want digital signage
- Button bars disappear when playing
It also supports a Split Screen for digital signage with widgets
- Four panel display contains looping video in one, while widgets are displayed in the other three
Where to get additional Help
For help with Video Kiosk
- Read the FAQ
- Refer to the Tutorials
- Read the Video Kiosk User's Manual
- If you have any questions, Contact Support