Wipe your Android phone, tablet, TV and protect your privacy with this easy to use app that will wipe Android data so it can’t be recovered. Easy to use, right out of the box. ShredIt also comes with options including optional government overwrite standards compliance (DoD, Do), a configurable overwrite pattern and will wipe the internal and external storage on your Android device.
Click to play video
See for yourself how easy ShredIt-Android is to use
Moving to a new device? Take ShredIt with you.
To Move ShredIt for Android to a new device:
- Take note of the Google Account and Google Account Password you used when you bought Shredit for Android.
- Delete ShredIt for Android from your old device.
- Then, add that same account to your new device.
- Then, install ShredIt on your new device from the Play Store.
- Wipe your Android Phone, tablet, TV
- Permanently deletes free space of internal and external storage (flash drive memory)
- Proven Track Record – ShredIt software has been successfully wiping data for over 20 years.
- Optional Standards Compliance – With US Department of Defense (DoD 5220), US Department of Energy (DoE) electronic shredding standards, Gutmann
- Overwrite Options – A configurable overwrite pattern and number of overwrites.
- ShredIt is cross-platform, making ShredIt an ideal choice for the multi-platform office and multi-platform lifestyle. There’s a ShredIt version for
- Mac OS X, Mac OS 9, Mac OS 8, Mac OS 7
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 200x, Windows NT, Windows 98, Windows 95
- iOS (iPhone | iPad | iPod)
- Android (phones, tablets, Android TV)
- Easy to use – Because the simple instructions will have you up and running in less than a minute. After that, with an accurate time estimate and status display, you’ll know exactly what’s happening and how long it will take.
Android 4.x or later
Works on any Android phone, table, TV, TV Box, TV Stick
Wipes free space of both internal and external storage (flash drive memory)
What Users Say
ShredIt for Android was my salvation
The tool (Shredit – Android) was my salvation. Das Tool war meine Rettung Bei meiner Hardware, ein 7″-Tablett just für die Navigation angeschafft, fiel einfach so das GPS Modul aus. Ende der Navigation. Die Lösung zum Reanimieren des GPS war wie folgt: – GPS aus und Wechsel in den Flugzeug-Modus – Herunterfahren – Entfernen der SIM-Karte, (SD-Card war auch schon weg, sollte nur ein letzter Test werden und dann ShredIT und DHL ….) – Booten, Normalmodus ohne WLAN und starten von GPS Status – Test & Fix – In dem GPS-Tool “Reset GPS” … nach einigen Minuten kamen dann die esten Satelliten *tra-raaa*
Where to get additional Help
Although using encryption enhances security, it may not be "good enough" as the BBC reports in this article about data retrieval, British spies 'moved after Snowden files read'
Because Shredit has been shredding data since the 1990s, ShredIt is cross-platform. So it's also available for iOS, as well as most desktop computers from Mireth Technology Corp. There’s a ShredIt version for Mac OS, Mac OS 9, Mac OS 8, Mac OS 7, as well as most versions of Windows