How to Install Video Kiosk
Video Kiosk is designed to be a reliable, video kiosk playing media content in a loop without any configuration. To use Video Kiosk, follow these steps:
- Create a folder in one of the following locations and put your media in the folder:
- /sdcard/<android id>
- /sdcard/Movies/<android id>
- /sdcard/Video Kiosk
- /sdcard/Movies/Video Kiosk
- Launch Video Kiosk.
- There is no Step 3.
Video Kiosk will now play the contents of the media folder, in a loop, in Full Screen, unattended. The only thing staff needs to know how to do is turn the TV on – Video Kiosk takes care of the rest.
How to Configure Video Kiosk
Video Kiosk offers many additional features which you can use to enhance the reliability, usability and management of your Video Kiosk. For more information, refer to the Video Kiosk User’s Manual.
Video Kiosk right out of the box – Default Behavior
Video Kiosk is designed to be reliable, playing media content in a loop without any configuration. However, there are many additional features you can configure. If you have not configured otherwise, Video Kiosk will do the following:
- Play the contents of the Media Folder in the order of either the first playlist it finds in the Media Folder or, if a playlist is not found, the media folder contents in alphabetical order by full path name.
- Display in Full Screen Mode.
- Display any images in the Media Folder for 30 seconds.
- Display web pages for 30 seconds
- On any device, Video Kiosk will automatically start playing content. If a schedule is being used, Video Kiosk will play content only when scheduled. If there is no scheduled event, Video Kiosk will, by default, dim the screen.
- Video Kiosk will automatically start playing content upon waking from sleep.