I’m currently scheduling using Google Calendars to switch between whats displayed on the kiosk. But I\’d like to be able to change the background and or overlay at a specific time, to go inline on what is being displayed on the kiosk. Similar to the videokiosk_path=Is this something that can be done? or something that could be added to future updates?
There is no command to change the overlay or the background.
You can rotate through all the backgrounds in a folder as described in the users manual (http://burningthumb.com/wp-content/uploads/video-kiosk-android-users-manual.pdf):
To cycle through a number of backgrounds, follow these steps:
- Create the background files in png or jpg format. We recommend you make it the same size as your screen (e.g. 1280×720 in size).
- Configure Video Kiosk with the location of the background files. Go to Video Kiosk Settings > Background > Path to Background folder and set the path to the background folder.
- Go to Video Kiosk Settings > Background > Next Background Time and set the number of seconds between backgrounds.
Example: Sample Configuration
- Put 3 background files (background-a.png, background-b.png and background-c.png) in the background folder
- Set the Next Background Time to 20 seconds
Video Kiosk will cycle through each of the three background images, displaying each for 20 seconds.
For the overlay you can upload a new image using your cloud service.