My company has just purchased 2 Viewsonic EP5520T E-Posters for display in a local shopping mall. The interface on these displays doesn’t seem to allow us to log in to a google play account to purchase your license for this app. Is there a way that we can purchase 2 licensed copies of the apk from you for use on these kiosks? Or do we need to find a way to get the Google Play store onto these devices so that we can log in and purchase them as normal?
For a direct purchase like this I use an invoice via paypal.com
Please send an email to burningthumb at gmail dot com that includes the following information:
- How many licenses
- The email address for me to send the invoice to
- If you have an Internet connection and can add an account to the device, include the account (it can be google, facebook, email, etc) that will be used to activate the licenses on the devices
- If you don’t have an Internet connection, include the Android ID for each device. The Android ID is displayed on the bottom left corner of the License Activation activity
Once I get that email:
- I send the invoice using paypal.com
- You pay the invoice
- If you have an Internet connection I setup the Registration server and then the licenses can be activated on devices (see below)
- If you don’t have an Internet connection I send you an .apk that you can side load onto the devices. The .apk comes pre-licensed for that Android ID and no additional steps are needed.
If you have an Internet connection, to activate licenses you do the following:
- Add the Account to the device
- Install Video Kiosk from the Play Store OR side load the .apk
- Open Video Kiosk
- Touch/Click the button titled Activate to activate the license
After Internet activation, the account is no longer needed, you can remove it from the device, leave it on the device, put a different account on the device, even completely remove the device from the Internet.
If you don’t have a network connection (required to activate licenses) then you need to also send me the Android ID of the devices (its displayed on the bottom left corner of the License Activation activity) and I will send you an .apk that works for those IDs.