We’re using the device status post method to log data in a Google sheet. Works great.
We have devices located in different time zones, and would like to do some time-based logic on the back end without having to do a lookup for each device to know when is when.
Is it possible for the app to use the Android time zone for it’s reporting?
That would be really helpful.
UTC creates rather than solves a problem for us. We can work around it, but it’d be nice if the device time zone was reported on the management interface.
This can be solved in a number of possible.
- you could look at the device location, which is currently available in the Management POST and use that on the back end to determine the time zone,
- I can change the App to report the devices Time Zone in the Management POST,
- I can change the App to report the devices Time Zone Offset (I think this is really what you want),
- you could store the Time Zone Offset in your database and not rely on it being reported in the POST.,
- maybe some other way not mentioned here.
Please send me an email at burningthumb at gmail dot com so we can talk about it some more and come up with the best solution for you.