Video Kiosk will display images in a loop. To play images, put the image files in the media folder. If you have not configured otherwise, Video Kiosk will play the contents of the Media Folder in Full Screen Mode, in the order of either the first playlist it finds in the Media Folder or, if a playlist is not found, the media folder contents in alphabetical order by full path name.
- Video Kiosk supports the following image file formats: .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, .bmp, .webp
- Each image in your media folder will be displayed for 30 seconds (configurable).
- If Video Kiosk encounters an image in a format that is not supported, it will skip the file and will display the next file in the Content Loop.
Customizing Display Images
Customizing Playback – what is displayed and when
- Controlling Playback Order Tutorial – How to Display the contents of the Media folder in a different order
- Playback Scheduling Tutorial – How to Schedule content loop playback for different times of the day
Using Split-screen display mode
- Digital Signage Split Screen Tutorial – How to display images in different panels of Video Kiosk’s Split-Screen Mode
Controlling the Display
- Image Display time.
Each image will be displayed for 30 seconds.
- To increase or decrease the display time using the settings, go to Video Kiosk Settings > Timers > Image display time and change the display time
- To increase or decrease the display time by adding a tag to the image filename, refer to the Video Kiosk User’s Manual
- Fade time between images.
To change the fade time between images, go to Video Kiosk Settings > Timers > Image fade time and change the display time
- Screen orientation.
Video Kiosk allows you to set the screen orientation for just the media playback screen. The other views, such as settings, are not affected. The supported orientations are: Default (set by the device manufacturer), Landscape, Portrait, Reverse Landscape, Reverse Portrait. To change the screen orientation, go to Video Kiosk Settings > View Options. (To change all the view orientations, use the device System Settings)
- More Image Handling Options. Video Kiosk provides settings for handling images, such as:Image View Scale Type including the Ken Burns effect, Image resizing, JPG dithering, Controlling max megapixels, using the EXIF Orientation META data to control image rotation and displaying image title or filename. To change the image settings, go to Video Kiosk Settings > View Options.
Overlays and Backgrounds
- Overlay Tutorial – How to overlay content with an image, (often a company logo in the corner of the screen)
- Background Images Tutorial – How to display an image behind your media as it is playing and behind the panels in split screen mode
- Background Audio Tutorial – How to play streaming audio or a local audio file while your media is playing