Video Kiosk will display images in a loop. To play images, put the image files in the media folder. If you have not configured otherwise, Video Kiosk will play the contents of the Media Folder in Full Screen Mode, in the order of either the first playlist it finds in the Media Folder or, if a playlist is not found, the media folder contents in alphabetical order by full path name.
- Video Kiosk supports the following image file formats: .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, .bmp, .webp
- Each image in your media folder will be displayed for 30 seconds (configurable).
Customizing Display Images
Customizing Playback – what is played and when
- Changing content loop playback order.
To learn how to display the contents of the Media folder in a different order, refer to the Controlling Playback Order Tutorial.
- Scheduling playback.
To learn how to schedule content loop playback for different times of the day, refer to the Playback Scheduling Tutorial.
Using Split-screen playback mode
- Using multi-panel display mode.
To learn how to play video in Panel A of Video Kiosk’s Digital Signage multi-panel Widget Mode, refer to the Digital Signage Widget Mode Tutorial.
Controlling the Display
- Image Display time.
Each image will be displayed for 30 seconds.
- To increase or decrease the display time using the settings, go to Video Kiosk Settings > Timers > Image display time and change the display time
- To increase or decrease the display time by adding a tag to the image filename, refer to the Video Kiosk User’s Manual
- Fade time between images.
To change the fade time between images, go to Video Kiosk Settings > Timers > Image fade time and change the display time
- Screen orientation.
Video Kiosk allows you to set the screen orientation for just the media playback screen. The other views, such as settings, are not affected. The supported orientations are: Default (set by the device manufacturer), Landscape, Portrait, Reverse Landscape, Reverse Portrait. To change the screen orientation, go to Video Kiosk Settings > View Options. (To change all the view orientations, use the device System Settings)
- More Image Handling Options. Video Kiosk provides settings for handling images, such as:Image View Scale Type, Image resizing, JPG dithering, and Controlling max megapixels and using the EXIF Orientation META data to control image rotation. To change the image settings, go to Video Kiosk Settings > View Options.
Overlays and Backgrounds
Video Kiosk supports using an overlay, often used to overlay content with a company logo in the corner of the screen. For more information, refer to the Overlay Tutorial.
- Background Images.
Video Kiosk supports background images that will be displayed behind your media as it is playing and behind digital signage. You can use no background image (the default), one background image, or cycle between a number of background images.